Friday, September 26, 2014

Dream Job

Ever since I was a little child, I dreamt of traveling all over the world, do anything I wanted to ever do, see everything I've ever wanted to see. 
While growing up i realized that i really loved to express myself and learn about how other people do. I get closer to arts and social sciences.When i was 16 i knew that my dream job would be to travel everywhere and see how people lives, how people act , how different cultures see this world, so i decided I wanted to be an anthropologist. Why? Well, I just felt like I could know and experience better the different realities by studying this career. I really dont like the "academy" side of this discipline and i don't feel like i'll write  books and articles even when i know that i'll have to- maybe-. I want to work in a different way. That's why i'll go with Visual Anthropology.  It's basically the antropological study of all visual representations such as dance and other kinds of performance, museums and archiving, all visual arts, and the production and reception of mass media . I really want to work with that ,it would make me really happy if I accomplish my goal: travel, see, show, live. I can think of nothing that would feel greater then actually doing what I've always wanted to do. I never wanted to end behind a desk in a small office .

3 comments:

  1. i didnt know that anthropology's dicipline, but it looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. The visual anthropology seems very interesting, specially when you talk about the cultural production of mass media. Adorno & Horkheimer talk about the cultural industry and is really captivating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woow it sounds really nice and colorfull, I hope you have luck, I also want to travel a lot in a dream job for me :)

    ReplyDelete