Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Marc Augé



Marc Augé ( 1935)  is French anthropologist who mainly works in the area of ethnology.
His work get's closer to the concept of "over-modernity" made up of reflections about individual the individual identity of people related to the quotidian places and the presence of technology  in our lifes.
He has been professor of ethnology and anthropology at the École des hautes études en sciences sociales (EHESS) of París and then director of the same institution , also has been director of many investigation programs at the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS).


I like his work because he talks about the "non-places" that are the transitional places where we make part of our lives without staying. i think the concept is an amazing way to get close to an era made up of "non-relations"; Also , is actually this book, called "The Non-Places" one of the reason why i'm in this career today. I read it the past year in one of those critical phases of "what am i going to do with my life?"; my Language professor gave it to me and told me "hey, read this! i made my thesis about this book" and i was truly amazed about Augé's work. I realized that that was what i wanted to study because i was interested about  the  ways how people live in the today's world and the culture going around.
He has many other  books  and articles but i haven't finished reading them yet , i'd love to.





No comments:

Post a Comment